If you get an error trying to start the debugger for a website in VS2003 after the installazion of IE7 caused by the new security settings in the browser, try the following steps maybe they can resolve your problem:
- Check that the site is using the 'Integrated Windows Authentication' (in IIS, site properties, Directory Security, Anonymous Access and authentication control).
- The user under which runs the site is a member of the 'Debugger Users' group.
- Verify that the same user has Full Control access right on the directory in the file system.
- Check the we.config to see if the debug flag is setted to true.
- In IE7, internet options, Security Tab, under Local Intranet add the site address (usually http://localhost/)
- (optional) In IE7, internet options, Security Tab, under Local Intranet, press the Custom Level button and set 'Automatic Logon with current username and password' for the 'User Authentication\Logon' setting.
- Build: Windows 8 (26/08/2015)
- SharePoint Services - Setting up a Website with Forms Authentication (26/08/2015)
- Winforms: improving rendering performances with BackgroundImage and BackgroundImageLayout (26/08/2015)
- A Windows Live Essentials Suite Beta is out...hot to workaround the ‘no internet connection’ setup problem (26/08/2015)
- A Windows Live Essentials Suite Beta is out...how to workaround the ‘no internet connection’ setup problem (26/08/2015)
- More related document (7)