After having tried (and still using CodeRush Xpress), it’s now time for me to give an eye at Resharper too.
To be honest I really like some of its capabilities, but I’m used to get a lot of OutOfMemoryException from it which have a very bad impact on the usability of the product: it tends to hang up the whole Visual Studio environment; so you have to kill the whole environment and load again a fresh copy in memory (which takes time with very large solutions).
A fix to this problem is to use a wrapper/bootstrapper provided by Jetbrains (http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/ReSharper/OutOfMemoryException+Fix).
Using this small bootstrapper Visual Studio seems to be more stable and reactive when Resharper is enabled.
- NUnitit: Visual Studio Addin to support NUnit and some customizations to it (26/08/2015)
- Spot Hidden Exceptions using IntelliTrace (26/08/2015)
- Visual Studio 2010 designer error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: objectType (26/08/2015)
- Resharper 4.5 beta - give it a try! (26/08/2015)
- VS2008 SP1 + PowerCommands = Toolbox AddItems...Crash! (26/08/2015)
- More related document (10)